Wednesday, March 25, 2009

55. Watchmen



55. Watchmen (2009) - 03/08/09 - Theater:
Sorry it's been so long since I've updated. Between working, moving, and life I haven't had as much time to watch movies as I'd like. Hopefully things will slow down and I can get back to at least 3 movies a week. Anyway, I've had some time to digest this one. From what I gather there are two groups of people when it comes to this film. Those who read the book and really enjoyed the movie and those who didn't read the book and had no fucking clue what was going on. I had always heard of this graphic novel but didn't read it until about 2 years ago. Being a HUGE fan of the book I was really blown away with this one. Sure, it takes some liberties story-wise, but it's understandable. The book is just so heady that it would never appeal to MAINSTREAM AMERICA (or Joe The Movie Goer as I like to call them). For the most part Snyder stays VERY faithful to the novel and thank God for that. I can't really see anyone else making this the way he did. Only thing that could of made it better was a different Silk Spectre, Sally Jupiter, and a few other nit picky things that i wont spoil now. It's a shame that people still can't sit through a movie that is over 2 hrs long and that saddens me. Wish this could of been more of a hit so we can get comic movies of this caliber in the future. On the plus side, hopefully it'll be on Blu-Ray sooner than anticipated. i can;t wait for the 4 hr Directors cut with the Black Freighter and Under the Hood. I plan on seeing this again in the very near future so i will have more on it then. 4.5/5

No comments: